Serve on our Board of Directors
The South Dakota Lions Foundation is governed by a board of directors consisting of 12 members elected by the membership of LCI Districts 5SW and 5SE (six from each district). Once elected, members serve a 3-year term with the option of running for one (1) additional term.
In addition to these 12 members the Vice District Governors from each district hold 1-year seats with full voting benefits. The board may also appoint up to 10 additional members to 2-year positions. These positions are open to Lions and non-Lions.
Board member responsibilities:
- Have a thorough understanding of the SDLF history, mission, and current programs
- Ensure effective planning, budgeting, and resource development
- Enhance the public image of the SDLF and be a strong ambassador for the Foundation and its programs
- Attend 75% of regular meetings
- Visit self-selected Lions Clubs on behalf of SDLF
- Make a personal annual financial gift to the Foundation
- Sell raffle tickets for annual fundraiser
Board meetings are held quarterly:
- Fall meeting: Held in conjunction with the 5SW Fall Rally
- Winter meeting: Held in conjunction with the SD Lions State Convention
- Spring meeting: Held in April in Oacoma
- Summer meeting: Held in June in Sioux Falls
Meetings typically include a one-night hotel stay and a 3-4-hour meeting. Expenses are paid upon request.
The Foundation is currently seeking Lions for board positions.
Two (2) individuals from District 5SW and two (2) individuals from District 5SE will be elected to the board at the state convention in Spearfish in January 2019. Elected individuals will begin their service on the board July 1, 2019.
To run for one of these positions, please submit the following items:
1) A letter of intent to run. Please include some background information about yourself such as work experience, past leadership positions held (Lions and non-Lions), why you are interested in serving, and what you would bring to the board.
2) A written endorsement from your individual Lions Club.
These items must be received in writing by December 30, 2018.
Correspondence should be sent via US mail or e-mail to:
SD Lions Foundation
3920 S. Western Avenue, Suite 2
Sioux Falls, SD 57105
Lion Ronald Seeley
SD Lions Foundation
319 Birch Avenue
Brookings, SD 57006